Here are 12 random leadership axioms in less than 140 characters each.
- Some people will only support change after it’s proven to be a success. They are the same people who will say I told you so if it doesn’t work.
- Sometimes the strongest thing to do is to turn the other cheek. Sometimes it is to stand your ground.
- Solicited applause is seldom given genuinely.
- The best opportunities seldom come wrapped neatly in a package with a bow on top. They usually come with work. Get your hands dirty work.
- The best leaders are often the ones smart enough to get out of the way of smarter people.
- Part of leadership is the willingness to make hard decisions no one else on the team wants to make.
- Change always invokes an emotion. The best change agents recognize and respond accordingly.
- The leader has a responsibility to do the right thing for the organization, regardless of whether it brings instant popularity.
- The more you say “I” the less your team will feel a part of “we”.
- Some of a leader’s best work is not what the leader does but what he or she inspires others to do.
- Without the right systems in place, the best visions will eventually suffer. Systematize what you want and need repeated.
- One of the most important disciplines of a leader is the discipline of rest.
Feel free to tweet a few.