If someone is called “leader”, but…
- Always has to know everything.
- Always has to have the final word.
- Always has to be coddled by others.
- Never empowers others.
- Never takes ownership for a mistake.
- Never takes a risk.
- Never shares the “rewards” with others.
Then he or she is not a leader…
- May have a title.
- May be the boss.
- May have power.
- May draw a larger paycheck.
But they are not really a leader.
In fact, in my opinion, he or she may even need to get out of the way and let someone lead.
Have you known people with the title of leader who weren’t really a leader?