Do you want to be a part of a healthy team? I have some phrases I use to indicate a healthy team.
Do you like simple? This is really simple.
In fact, perhaps we’ve made this more complicated than it has to be. I think there are values we can strive to attain which can help make our teams healthy.
Let’s be honest, in team dynamics – just as in relationships – there are seasons when things are better than other times. But over the course of months and years we should be able to identify a healthy team. You certainly know one when you serve on one. Or know when you don’t.
I have noticed a few key things which are taking place when I’m on a healthy team – and I put them in 10 simple phrases.
10 phrases which point to a healthy teams:
- Relationships matter more than structures or systems.
- A titles never determines the importance of a person’s voice.
- Fluent communication is highly valued and questions are encouraged.
- Conflict isn’t avoided, but resolved and then used to make the team stronger.
- Everyone embraces and loves a common interest (vision).
- A person’s character is equal to their intellect or abilities.
- The team rallies in unity when times are tough.
- Recognition is shared with everyone.
- Enjoying the journey is part of the DNA and activities are planned accordingly.
- Diverse personalities and work styles among the team are welcomed and appreciated.
Give a point for each one. How many does your team score?
Which of these does your team most need to improve upon?