Some of life’s greatest lessons come packaged in a hard personal experience. I’ve learned a few things in life, but truly, the greatest things I know came through mistakes, failures and disappointments.
Here are 10 hard to learn life lessons:
- A “lesson in humility” teaches far more than a “ego boost”…
- Often…in my experience…what I don’t want to do is the very thing I need to do the most…
- The best friends sometimes say the hardest things to hear…
- Sometimes it’s not until you give up the right to control that a breakthrough comes…
- People are more honest with you if they can predict your reaction…
- We hurt most the ones we love the most…
- Very few people can really comply with “don’t tell anyone”…
- You never get a second chance at a first impression…
- God’s way is better than my own…
- Rebuilding trust is more difficult than keeping established trust…
What are some hard lessons you’ve had to learn?
Join the discussion 16 Comments
Be very careful of whom to call "trusted friend"! It has come back to bite me in public!
Yep. Me too
— It is far honourable to fail than to cheat
— Never to put a price-tag on one's heart and soul
— Only the test of fire makes fine steel
— Life is not fair to all of us but God is
Yes, these are very good.
There's a time to voice your opinion and a time to just keep quiet and walk away. The experience comes from knowing which is which.
Yea, that's a good one
All of this is very true – and unfortunately we only learn this through hindsight.
<DIV></DIV> But hopefully we use to help others! <DIV></DIV> <DIV></DIV>
Thank for sharing. I’ve experienced all of them.
That you can't make everyone happy all the time, and trying will make you exhausted. Sometimes you have to let God take over, and give up control.
It has been a hard lesson for me to learn that when I seek the approval of others, I will be disappointed. It is simply the wrong motivation.
I have learned this lesson several times (I am still so dull!), but I keep trying. I KNOW I am only to seek approval from God, but it is natural for me to want others to appreciate what I have done. When I follow this desire, I only meet with disappointment and frustration.
I will keep learning!
Yes, that is a hard lesson.
I have learned this one also, the hard way.