Do you like summer? Are you ready for the season to change? I am always ready for change and as a runner, it has been especially hot. As an optimist by nature, however, I decided it was best to reflect on the things I like about summer.
Here are 10 reasons I love summer:
- Nate is home from college (This was the first summer for this one…looking forward to others.
- Homegrown tomatoes. I love them and can eat them by the pound, with lots of salt and pepper.
- Planning for the busyness of fall at church.
- Mission trips. We have been doing mission trips for years and summer is usually when they occur.
- Shorts and flip-flops!
- Sweating. I don’t know why, but I love to sweat. I guess I feel exfoliated.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables. (Tomatoes belong in their own number.)
- Homemade ice cream. (Haven’t had much this year…but love it!)
- Slower pace of life. Things seem to slow down a little in the summer months. I find things to make it seem busy, but that’s mostly my choice and not the circumstances around me.
- The feeling when summer is about over, back-to-school season is at hand, and fall is in the air.
What’s on your list? Why do you like the summer months?