I am honored to live in a military town. All my life I have known soldiers. Some of my best friends and family have been military-related. Our church has a large military population. I have heard people talk about the burden of military families on a church, because every three years they have to be replaced. The family in this picture was in our community group, but left our church for a reassignment. Cheryl and I could not love a family anymore than we love them and we’ve loved staying in touch with them.
I have always felt our church was stronger because of our military families, for as long as they might stay. Therefore, as we celebrate military families, here are 10 Reasons why I love the military families in our church:
- They are some of the most dedicated people I know
- They bring experiences with them from around the world
- They have great work ethics
- They are expectant of great things from God
- They are appreciative of any ministry
- They make wonderful volunteers
- They build friendships for life
- They are sacrificial givers
- They raise awesome families
- They are brave soldiers, protecting my right to do what I do
God bless our military and God bless America!