The only way I know of to avoid criticism as a leader…
Is to fail to do anything worth criticizing.
Many do that…
Here are 7 ways:
- They make excuses for their shortcomings
- They dodge the bullets by hiding behind others
- They pass the blame and never own a mistake
- They keep things safe and stop taking risks
- They stifle their dreams and the dreams of others
- They limit their leadership exposure to other people
- They control information and the ability to make decisions
Some leaders have figured out how to avoid criticism…
Are they really even leading?
What other ways have you seen leaders avoid criticism?